Thursday, October 28, 2010

To boldly go where no one has gone before.

I feel like that's how much of this film has been going. Sure, we're all experienced student film makers--some of us even on a more professional side--but we're covering new ground.

There have been a lot of things going wrong lately, as every film has, and as director, that drives me crazy. But I should remember every time something goes wrong, how many things have gone right with this. First of all, the crew. That is one things that has gone wonderfully right. I hate leaning on other people, expecting them to do the work assigned to them, and yet that's what I have to do. Reports have been coming back to me of people starting to go above and beyond, and I realize that my trust is not precariously put in this crew, both the class members and outside help--my trust in all of you is genuinely secure and well-placed. You all are the reason why I dive right back in to tackle more and more day after day. Your dedication and hard work inspires me to be a better director, a better visionary, and a better leader.

So thanks for being so awesome, crew. You've got my back and you make me proud. And thanks for always reminding me that we're going to get through all the things that go wrong.

Time to get back to work and make this the best film to come out of Asbury.
Your loving director.

No comments:

Post a Comment