Saturday, November 6, 2010

First day on set...fantastic

I am sitting in the green room right now and Olivia just screamed, "Quiet on set!" which is, ironically enough, not very quiet. And she told us that she wasn't much for yelling. She lied.

The morning started out with me not waking up to my alarm (my apologies to my roommate who did). I was pretty groggy until I stepped outside, and it happened to be freezing. As I walked across the front lawn of Kresge I heard a large crash from the front porch of Pike; I found out later that this was Tessa. What a good Samaritan I was--totally just kept walking. I arrived promptly at Corbitt at 7:09 to find the doors locked at the department heads all huddled in a car for warmth. There wasn't any room left in the car. Awesome. So the rest of us stood on the porch and ate muffins that Elisa made last night. Let's just say she is really, really proud of those muffins.

As soon as Security opened the building, a mad rush began. We, the art department, frantically worked to "Greek" everything. Essentially this means that we had to cover up every label and every logo of anything that anyone could see--in the control room. We definitely used lots of tape and finished the job in 23 minutes. Yes, Olivia timed us. Then, we all made fun of Eric as Kristen did his make-up. I'm thoroughly convinced that he enjoyed the make-up process very much. Especially the lipstick.

We kicked off just a few minutes behind schedule and they are now shooting. Now there is a pattern of talking, then hushed whispers, then talking, then hushed whispers as we hear "Quiet on set!" then "Cut!" over and over again.

"Print!" That was followed by a chorus of cheers. Everyone seems pretty happy. I like this. We should do it more often.

Haha, we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment