Saturday, November 13, 2010

Summer Camp Meets "When We're Grown Up"


For me (the producer) today feels just like summer camp for a years' work of school and headache. Production is the fun part for me - where I can "sit back" and watch the film come to life before my eyes! As far as the work I'm actually doing on set, I've been answering basic questions about the film from crew members, standing in as location liason and 2nd AD, updating the budget, taking behind-the-scenes photos and video, and trying to boost crew morale as much as I can. Fortunately, the crew's morale only needs a limited amount of boosting. In fact, I heard them singing together earlier - that warmed my heart. :)

It's amazing just how much good food on set can motivate a crew! We've pulled out all the stops and even have Starbucks coffee! I want to give a HUGE shout out to Mrs. Meiners' for opening her house for us and providing lunch, as well as to Mr. Cipkowski for catering dinner! On behalf of the crew, THANK YOU!!!

My adventures so far? I'd say most notably, I climbed up on the roof with a couple grips to check out the lighting through the skylight into the bathroom for one of the first scenes of the film. Then it started to rain! While it has put us behind 30 minutes, things are still moving along.

The rain has not made the porch where most of us have been contained (as well as where we've kept food) still a comfortable, dry space. Actually, the weather has been SUCH a blessing, because even in mid-November, I am sitting outside after 7pm when the sun has long gone, and don't even need a jacket! Indian summer has definitely hit at the right time. We have 3 more hours scheduled, will probably be here another 4-5, then it's off to various crew members' houses to stay the night and head to Elizabethtown to scout our hospital tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment